1 pound winter squash (kabocha, butternut)
1 1/2 cups aduki beans, soaked
3 inches seaweed (kombu or wakame)
5 cups of water
- Peel and cube squash into 2-inch squares (can leave skin on if edible).
- Place washed beans and seaweed into pot. Add water and bring to boil. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and add squash cubes. Cover and simmer for 30 more minutes.
- Uncover, add sea salt and stir until water evaporates.
- Try with roots like carrot, parsnip and turnip. These roots don’t need more than twenty minutes to cook with beans.
- See more at: http://www.theliveandbewellcoach.com/aduki-squash-stew#sthash.Y5zhH9Fi.dpuf