5 stalks of bok choy, chopped
1 granny smith apple, sliced
½ small red onion, thinly sliced
½ cup alfalfa sprouts (optional)
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
2 teaspoons honey or brown rice syrup
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
¼ cup olive oil
Salt and black pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Prepare dressing in a bowl or shaker container and mix well.
- Pour dressing over salad.
- Eat immediately. If you are going to serve the salad later on, add the apples just before serving to prevent them from browning.
- Try cabbage instead of bok choy or carrot slices instead of onion.
- Add fresh herbs such as cilantro, parsley, mint or scallions.
- Double the dressing ingredients and use on leftover grains
- See more at: http://www.theliveandbewellcoach.com/apple-choy-slaw-0#sthash.BqyWiASR.dpuf