2 bunches collard greens
3 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash collards.
- Remove leaves from stems, tear leaves in half and stack into piles 4 leaves thick. Roll the stack tightly, turn to the side and cut carefully into very thin strips. Repeat with all collards. The effect is that the leaves will be shredded.
- Mince the garlic.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and sauté garlic until golden brown, about 30 seconds.
- Add collards, salt and pepper and toss quickly for about 3 minutes with tongs or a fork, making sure all greens cook through.
- Remove from heat and transfer to serving dish.
- See more at: http://www.theliveandbewellcoach.com/brazilian-style-collards-0#sthash.s3TOubMC.dpuf