1 cup brown basmati rice
2 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup walnut pieces
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Rinse rice in fine mesh strainer until water runs clear.
- Boil water in a sauce pan. Add rice and salt. Cover and reduce heat.
- After 15 minutes add cranberries and walnuts on top, do not stir.
- Cook 15-20 minutes until all liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat, add parsley and fluff with fork.
- Cover and let sit for 3-5 minutes then serve.
- See more at: http://www.theliveandbewellcoach.com/brown-basmati-pilaf#sthash.fjr1eaEu.dpuf