1 large purple turnip, washed, diced into 1/2" cubes w/ skin
1/2 acorn squash, washed, seeded, diced into 1/2" cubes w/ skin
1/2 small butternut squash, washed, seeded, diced into 1/2" cubes w/ skin
2 tbs. grapeseed or canola oil (for baking)
1/2 head of kale, sliced paper thin crosswise
1/2 head of Lacinto Kale, sliced paper thin crosswise
1 tbs. each, raw pumpkin seeds, ground flax seeds, crushed pecans
2 tbs. dried cranberries
1 tbs. fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
2 carrots, diced small
sea salt and pepper to taste
gomasio for flavor (optional)
2 tbs first cold pressed EV olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the diced turnip, acorn and butternut squash in a large baking tray.
- Cover with 1-2 tbs. of grapeseed oil, mix until coated and top with sea salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, checking and turning over halfway through. When the veggies are baked, place them in a large bowl and add all of the other ingredients, mix well making sure everything is coated with the fresh olive oil.
- Add sea salt, gomasio and pepper to taste and serve warm.
- See more at: http://www.theliveandbewellcoach.com/warm-thanksgiving-kale-and-squash-salad#sthash.d2LbxKb7.dpuf