1 cup cooked kasha
1 apple, diced
2 tablespoons almond or cashew butter
2 tablespoons water (use more if needed)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place kasha in a steamer over boiling water. Steam until warm.
- Combine warm kasha and apple in a breakfast bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix nut butter with 2 tablespoons of water.
- Blend with fork until creamy like a sauce. If needed add a bit more water. Mixture should not be too runny.
- Pour peanut sauce over kasha and apples and mix well.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and drizzle with maple syrup.
- Make kasha for dinner instead and use the leftovers for breakfast.
- Kasha keeps well with a splash of olive oil in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- See more at: http://www.theliveandbewellcoach.com/morning-kasha#sthash.PSd98H0f.dpuf